- 1 How do you make a simple spoon catapult?
- 2 How do you make a catapult with a cup and spoon?
- 3 How do you make an easy catapult?
- 4 How does a spoon catapult work?
- 5 What makes a catapult go farther?
- 6 What is a catapult for kids?
- 7 What are 5 types of catapults?
- 8 How do you explain a catapult to a child?
- 9 What makes a catapult work for kids?
How do you make a simple spoon catapult?
- Take 5 sticks and stack them, securing one end with a rubber band.
- Slide one more stick between the bottom stick and the rest of the stack.
- Secure the other end with a rubber band.
- Place the spoon on top, and attach the end of the spoon to the end of the single stick with the last rubber band.
How do you make a catapult with a cup and spoon?
Pull back the scoop of the spoon toward the opposite side of the cup until it touches the lip of the cup. Place a cotton ball inside the scoop. Release the spoon to launch the cotton ball.
How do you make an easy catapult?
Simple craft stick catapult:
- Stack five craft sticks together and wrap a rubber band around each end.
- Stack two craft sticks and wrap a rubber band around only one end.
- Slide the five sticks in-between the two sticks, as shown.
- Wrap a rubber band where the two sections meet to hold the catapult together.
How does a spoon catapult work?
Catapults are levers! are added to the spoon. When you let go of the Popsicle stick, the stored energy is transferred to the object launched by the spoon which then flies through the air. Catapults also use the elastic energy which is transformed into kinetic energy under tension stored in the rubber bands.
What makes a catapult go farther?
Use the tension of bungee cords as opposed to springs to power your catapult. The cords should be attached to the front of the catapult and at the front of the catapult arm. When the arm is pulled back, the tension in the cord will pull the arm forward.
What is a catapult for kids?
A catapult is a simple mechanism used to forcefully propel stones, spears, or other projectiles. It has been in use mainly as a military weapon since ancient times. Soldiers would use the catapults in both siege and defense maneuvers to capture or protect cities or castles.
What are 5 types of catapults?
There are five historical types of catapults: the mangonel, onager, ballista and trebuchet, using three types of motive force: tension, torsion and gravity.
How do you explain a catapult to a child?
A catapult is a type of machine used as a weapon to throw rocks or other things such as hot tar, that would cause damage to something else. Often, catapults were set on higher ground or on castle towers to let them shoot farther. They shot rocks to break castle walls, or pitch or hot tar to set the target on fire.
What makes a catapult work for kids?
It works mainly by using potential and kinetic energy stored in the rubber bands. Potential energy is the store energy where as the kinetic energy is the energy in motion. Also, the three primary energy storage mechanisms that help the catapult to work are torsion, tension and gravity.